Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Application Mailed!

Ben and I went to the post office last week to mail our adoption application and four copies of our profile. We waited until now because we knew we would not be able to bring home our child until after my brother's wedding (last weekend!) and I completed the year's duty (end of May).

It took Brett and several weeks, two bottles of rubber cement, and 73 pictures to get the profile done. Here's what I've learned: scrap booking requires a lot of space, it takes me a looooong time to lay out just one page, there are a lot of handy tools that make scrap booking easier, and it will never be a hobby of mine.

In fact, I'm confident I will not scrap book again, unless required for our next profile (hmmm...how many of these pages could we use again?). Even then, I think I will splurge for good scrap booking software that lets you do everything on your computer.

Here's one of the pages from our profile.

I owe a big thanks to my neighbor, Leah, who let me use some of her scrap booking tools to polish off what I have put together. See here how she gave me some of her "rub-ons" and let me use her paper punches (the little circles).

If you want to see the whole thing, check it out on my picasa page.

Now that the profile is done, I am going to focus on building my milk supply. More on that as I learn about it!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Will you adopt me? Hehe. I'm so excited for you. All your photos make me want to move back to Utah. Love ya.