Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Adoption and Pregnancy

It's odd to think that if we were to adopt this summer or fall, our child would be alive in someone's belly right now. It's certainly not too early to be praying for our next child!

Everyone has friends that struggled to get pregnant...until they started the adoption process. While that's not us, it doesn't hurt to check. (Unless you're a guy that's uncomfortable with "girl talk"; then you might not want to read any further.)

We committed to adoption by calling a social worker for a home study about a week and a half ago. That's also when we started avoiding pregnancy. Technically, I could have already been pregnant. In fact, there was a 6% chance. To know for sure, I'd have to 1) have been paying attention to my signals for a month or so (didn't start until we committed to adoption), 2) take a pregnancy test, or 3) get my blood drawn. Pregnancy tests aren't good until 2 weeks later, but getting my blood drawn all the way up on base is a hassle and I was kinda curious.

So I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and got my first pregnancy test kit (you don't have to spend the money when you're paying attention like in option 1 above). I didn't get the little plus sign though.

Ben found it in the trash today and was running around the house with it. This time, when I picked it up there was a faint plus. Ha! I guess that means I'll definitely have to go back and get another kit in a few days when it actually is supposed to work.

In the meantime, I'll be praying for God to give us a child and for that child, no matter who's belly he might be in.


1 comment:

Jamie said...

No way! Wouldn't that be something? Keep us updated!