I can't help but wonder if there will be another face in this picture next Christmas... At least, that's what we're hoping! We're asking God to add another child to our family, but this time through adoption. And if you care to follow along, I'll keep you updated on our progress here.First, why adopt? In college, I talked with my closest friends about how I wanted to adopt a child with Down's Syndrome, so I guess adoption has always been on my mind. If God is concerned for orphans (James 1:27), I should be too. Besides, He even adopted me (Ephesians 1:5)!
While our family isn't ready for special needs adoption, we are obviously open to other adoption. Did you know that more than 40% of America's African American children are aborted? Check it out here & scroll down. How tragic! One way to help is to provide another option--adoption.
And that's what we hope to do. I'll write about what we've done so far in my next post.
1 comment:
Hannah & Brett (and Ben) - we are sooooo exited for you guys. What a beautiful selfless thing you are doing. We are really glad you are blogging your progress - cause there are so many of us you want to help and support - do reading the updates will be great. Good luck. Love you guys! Leah & Jeremy (and boys)
Post a Comment