Saturday, February 28, 2009

Adoption Agency

When I called A Guardian Angel last week with a question about our application paperwork, I talked with someone different than before. I gave a brief introduction, and before I asked my question, she asked me if we were interested in African American adoption. Of course we said yes, and she replied, "Oh, you'll be my new best friend!"

Have I mentioned yet that there aren't enough families adopting African American infants?

I explained that we have a wedding in April and that we are still building our adoption fund, but she asked if could start giving us calls soon after our application was in anyway. I know that the agency is eager to offer more prospective adoptive parents to each birth mom. I think they are able to show around 3 profiles but would prefer 5-6.

Honestly, we completed our agency application with our home study questionnaire. The only thing holding us up is that pesky profile... I picked out dozens of photos with only a few more photo folders to go through looking for more.

No comments: